Faces: 1 855 991
Egerton Swartwout designed the Beaux-Arts chapel that was dedicated on August 15, 1937. The chapel is made from limestone. Inscriptions on the interior walls bear the names of 563 American soldiers, sailors, and Coast Guardsmen who died at sea and were not recovered.
Small stained glass windows illuminate the interior of the chapel. Two columns frame the altar. Above the table stands a cross, a Star of David and two tablets symbolizing the Ten Commandments. Flags of the United States, Belgium, Italy, France and the United Kingdom flank the altar. The Great Seal of the United States is set in the wall above the table, and in the center of the floor.
Become a member
of ArtisGL and download
3D Publisher from Windows 10 Store!